Tag, I guess I’m it…
I’m bending the rules a little bit.
Here are my answers from the two blogs who have tagged me. I’m not going to tag other blogs because I feel like the ones I would tag have all been inundated with tags. I love filling out these things, but I know not everyone has the time to do so. (its taken me quite a while to do these two)
Thanks otma-romanov-forever for the tag!
1. Xenia A. or Olga A.?
Olga. I love her down-to-earth personality and how she lived her life.
2. Favorite picture of Tatiana N. and Maria N.
the middle pair :)
3. Would you like it if Alexei (if he had lived) had married Ileana of Romania?
4. Favorite picture of Olga smilling
5. Dmitri Pavlovich or Vladimir Paley?
Although I know more about Dmitri, I’m going with Vladimir hands down on looks
6. Frederick or May of Hesse?
May. I which sister she’d have most been like. I think Alix would have been a very different person if she hadn’t lost her best friend as well as her mother.
7. Favorite Palace of the Romanovs
Livadia for location, Alexander Palace for archetechture
8. Nicholas II or George V?
Don’t hate! I’m gonna go with George on this one.
9. Favorite picture of an Romanov in the ball in 1903
I don’t have one…. I’m not a huge fan of the costumes the Imperial Family chose. Star Wars kind of ruined Xenia’s costume for me, its all I can think of when I see it.
10. Favorite picture of Anastasia
11. Favorite picture of Nicky and Alix
Thank you to elahadarwish for the tag!
1. Favorite picture of OTMA
2. Favorite Grand Duchesses and Why?
(I’m assuming you mean out of OTMA) Masha. We are very similar and I think she was beautiful.
3. Alix or Ella and why?
Ella. Simply because my personality is more similar to Ella’s than Alix’s.
4. Would you like to have a husband like Nicholas?
As handsome and devoted as Nicky? Goodness, yes. As passive? No.
5. Favorite picture of Alix and Nicky
See the first #11
6. What do you think about Rasputin?
I think he scares the crap out of me. He is the reason I avoided learning about the Romanovs as long as I did. The animated movie was one of the scariest things in my childhood.
7. Favorite Palace in Russia?
See the first #7
8. Favorite Empress and Why?
Empress Maria Feodorovna (nee Princess Dagmar of Denmark)
I feel like in tsarist Russia, the Empress’ role was that of a social figure head. Minnie nailed it.
9. Favorite Grand Duchess (Not OTMA)Grand Duchess Olga Alexandrovna. I love her personality and how she lived her life.
10. Favorite dress and clothing from OTMA
Any form of the sailor suits, I think.
Please know that I my “favorite” photo varies from day to day. I am a photographer, and I have a hard time choosing a favorite.